- Elected to the House of Representatives for Capricornia, Queensland, 2013. Re-elected 2016.
- Member, Speaker's Panel from 12.2.15 to 9.5.16
- Assistant Minister for Children and Families from 28.8.2018.
- Joint Standing: Northern Australia from 14.9.2016.
- House of Representatives Standing: Agriculture and Industry from 4.12.2013 to 9.5.2016; Indigenous Affairs from 4.12.2013 to 25.9.2014; Industry, Innovation, Science and Resources from 14.9.2016 (Chair from 14.9.2016 to 6.2.2018); Privileges and Members' Interests from 14.9.2016; Health, Aged Care and Sport from 6.2.2018.
Parliamentary party positions
- Nationals Whip in the House of Representatives from 30.8.2016 to 8.2.2018.
- Nationals Chief Whip in the House of Representatives from 8.2.2018.
- Treasurer, LNP Capricornia Divisional Council 2009-13
- Member, Coalition Backbench Committee on Industry from 2013
- Member, Coalition Backbench Committee on Social Services from 2013
- Born 15.10.1962, Rockhampton, Australia
Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Pathology and medical biochemistry laboratory assistant 1978-85
- Supervisor, National Australia Bank 1985-2007
- Book-keeping and property management in family construction business 1999-2009
- Small business owner 2007-13
- Electorate officer 2010-12
- Description: Provincial
- Location: central eastern Queensland; it includes the city of Rockhampton and the towns of Collinsville, Dysart, Emu Park, Glenden, Marlborough, Mirani, Moranbah, Nebo, St Lawrence, Sarina, Yeppoon, and parts of Clermont and Middlemount; and Great Keppel Island and nearby islands.
- Area: 94049 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 98190 (at 2.7.2016)
- Industries: primary production, grains, beef cattle, grazing, fishing, coal mining, meat works, dairy products and tourism.